Just before we went on holiday in the middle of the month I lengthened the siding in the station yard. I had earlier been reluctant to add another baseboard crossing, even though the siding looked short when compared with prototype photographs.
Unlike the main track, I decided to do the job properly and add droppers to the underside of the ply and rivet track before installation. Previously, I had soldered droppers to the rear (hidden side) of the rail after installation, and it gave me quite a few problems. It only takes a minute amount of extra solder to cause a derailment.
Having marked and drilled holes in the board, I then fed the droppers through and the small track panel followed. It’s quite fiddly with soldered track, but I now have a little more space to display stock at exhibitions.