This has been an interesting and varied month.
Apart from scenic work, I progressed the scratch body for 54458, and added a footplate blank to the growing list of scratch parts for 54495. These two Caledonian 4-4-0s are quite similar, and I found it as easy to make two parts rather than just the one for 54458.
On a visit to Railex at Aylesbury towards the end of the month, I had a scenic hands-on with Maggie Gravett learning new static grass skills and making garden and hedgerow flowers. Green Scene had a stand at the show, and I was able to buy enough material for Culrain’s needs.
The semi-finished platforms and loading bank were finally installed at the end of the month, leaving the toning colour washes to be done in situ. The footbridge, now minus those hugely over-scale lamp posts, plugs in to the platforms when needed.
And, at long last, almost one year since Kyle of Sutherland was last exhibited, I made a start on the scenic contours in the station yard.